(looking for the Paleo “Heinz” Style Ketchup recipe … scroll down 🙂 )
I’ve got an extremely busy September planned!
So I took some time last week and earlier this week to try to get a plan in place!
I wanted to share my September Meal plan (I actually did it – YAY!) and what I’ve got scheduled to post this month 🙂 AND a recipe that we constantly use 🙂
So here it is:
I know this isn’t very easy to read. I created this using the Vertex 42 Monthly Meal Planner I downloaded a while back and Evernote. I use Evernote to keep track of different recipes I find and then put them into this Excel spreadsheet. I’m not sure I’ll continue doing it this way – but it worked for this month. If I get the spreadsheet setup correctly it will even tell me how much I need to buy of each ingredient for the month. 🙂
Here’s the meals were having – we eat “pretty much” Paleo (just remove the beans and sub the potatoes with sweet potatoes (which is what I do, but hubby likes the others and tolerates them well.)
Breakfasts: (not on the list)
- Eggs (our everyday staple)
- Pancakes (on weekends)
- Omlets and French Fries/Sweet Potato Fries (on weekends when we don’t do pancakes)
- Soups (I discovered this is cheaper than the lunchmeat I was buying) I’m making these on the weekends.
- Leftovers – when we have them 🙂
- Chicken Quarters with Roasted Veggies
- Taco Pie
- Stirfry (Chicken or Beef)
- Roast Beef, Carrots and Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes
- White Fish & Gingered Carrots, with Mashed Cauliflower (had this last night again – one of my FAVs right now! And I’m not a fish person!)
- Zucchini Lasagna – had this tonight – Yum!
- Chicken Soup
- Sloppy Joes, French Fries/Sweet Potato Fries, Peas
- Chicken Nuggets, Mashed Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts
- Steak, Broccoli, Potato/Sweet Potato
- Crockpot Chicken w/ Carrots and Potatoes
- Hamburgers, French Fries/Sweet Potato Fries, Peas
- Meatloaf, Mashed Cauliflower, Peas
- Oregano Chicken & Roasted Veggies
- Cowboy Beans (for Chris)
- Chicken Legs & Roasted Veggies
- Salmon Patties, Mashed Cauliflower, Green Beans
- Spaghetti with Zucchini noodles (or Zoodles)
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Typing this list I’ve decided that next month – I’m going to pick fewer dinners and rotate them throughout the month!
The one thing that isn’t on the list but is a daily staple in our house is Ketchup!
We eat a lot of ketchup – it is the number one must have for my husband! We used to spend a large part of our budget buying ketchup. When we went Paleo it was very hard for us as I struggled for a long time to find a good grain-free (no HFCS) one to buy – and I really didn’t like all the homemade recipes I tried.
Until I found this recipe – and started playing around to make it Paleo.
A friend asked for my recipe recently so I decided to share it with you here!
Paleo “Heinz” Style Ketchup
Ingredients: (makes ~ the equivalent of 6 24oz bottles of ketchup)
25 oz tomato paste (can use 24 oz if using 6oz cans, just under measure a tad on liquid)
3 cups vinegar
1.5 cups water
2 Tbsp salt
1.5 tsp Onion powder
3/4 tsp Garlic powder
Honey to Taste – I never measure, but just drizzle it on top. I’d estimate ~.5 – 1 cup depending on how sweet you’re used to.
Measure tomato paste into a 5qt crockpot turned on high – don’t need to cook the ketchup but warming it helps it mix faster. Add vinegar, water, salt and spices. Mix thoroughly. Leave set ~15 minutes and stir again. When thoroughly mixed add Honey to taste and turn off crockpot.
Note if the ketchup is super hot I recommend letting it cool before adding the honey – especially raw local honey so you don’t “kill” the good stuff in the honey.
And speaking of Local Honey…
I’ll write more about the great benefits of honey here on the blog soon – there are so many great things that come from a bee hive! Which brings me to my last plans for September:
What I’m going to write about this Month!
I’m working very hard to try to write ahead so I can have great posts up and ready for you to read! It hasn’t been going so well so far, but as I posted yesterday life’s a Cha Cha! However here is what I have planned to bring you this month:
- The conclusion to my Journey to Paleo series.
- The conclusion to How to Find Wisdom (will be covering Seeking in the World and Knock in A.S.K)
- Sunday Rewinds
- A book review and giveaway of Overwhelmed: Hope and Help for the Financially Weary
- and the highlights of my Products of the Hive presentation I’m doing at the end of the month.
And Finally: We Have a WINNER!
I really enjoyed my first ever Review and Giveaway! And I’m loving my Flexi! In fact I’m diligently praying about becoming a consultant, so we’ll see where that goes.
If you didn’t happen to be the blessed Winner, but want to get a Flexi please check out
my online party! It’s open until next Friday. The beautiful Flitter into Fall is only available this month – and I know last’s months went fast! If you’d like more information I’ve created a group on Facebook – so check it out here. Update: I loved my Flexi’s so much that I did decide to become a consultant with Lilla Rose!!! You can check out my store here!
These are my plans for September 🙂
What Post are you most looking forward to?
Looking for more great recipes??? Check out the great books found in the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle on Sale now through April 28, 2014!!! And there are SO many more great things too! Don’t miss it!